Badguy's Evil Plans
|Posted by Badguy on February 5, 2016 at 5:40 AM||comments (1)|
So Im here beating my head against a wall attempting to put together the new rule book and Im just getting to the point of putting things together.
The plan was to release the new rules directly after the April event 2017 which would give everyone plenty of time to read and understand the changes and thats when it hit me. Some of you may remember at the start of the rules we have a few quotes from Varg and Kyle, we have added a few more throughout the rules to offer a little flavour. Trouble is that the quotes (while fictional in some cases) are not just from NPCs but are also from characters and they will give the game away.
I dont really want spoilers going out so the new plan will be to release the new rules directly after the August 2017 adventure giving evenyone a month to get to grips with them.
Peace out TKers
|Posted by Badguy on October 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM||comments (0)|
Yeah it is a sad day here at TK HQ. I understand we pulled off yet another rocking event but it was the last (for the moment at least) of that ever legendary Stone Cold Steve Ref. Thats right kids he has gone on official holiday from the ref department and fully intends playing for a while, well a whole two years!
I got a fiver says he gets bored of not tormenting players and rejoins the refs within a year lol
Ah well, lets see him enjoying the plot for a while. That unknown future(ish) that all players seek out and ultimately find their doom.
Thanks for everything mate, TK just wouldnt be here without you and I know you'll have loads of fun playing.
|Posted by Badguy on March 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
The system that got me into lrp was fantastic, awesome in fact, however it had its problems. One major problem that I believe caused its end was its owners refusal to upgrade the rule book and bring it up to date.
With TK I always make sure the rule book evolves with the game, I hope for the better. Looking over our very first rules I realise how it was perfect for that stage of the game. Now Im busy working on our latest updates and as ever Im finding the spell section is being difficult.
I want each sphere to offer something different than the others but also to have a different mana management system that will be unique to that sphere. This is pissing me off!
I have 3 of 4 systems, 1 of which I have yet to figure out the details of. Its unlikely but if anyone out there has any bright ideas then please feel free to reply
|Posted by Badguy on February 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM||comments (0)|
So as Im sure you all know by now, TK is selling a chunk of kit at the event in April. I thought I would post a quick pic of some of the weapons we will be selling.
These darlings will be going from £5 to £30!
|Posted by Badguy on February 26, 2015 at 3:35 PM||comments (0)|
So we are thinking of taking on 1 yearly ref for the system.
Seems many people want (cant think bloody why) to try their hand at reffing and that has got me a thinking. We could offer a place to help run a years plot to those interested, but it would only be for a year.
I wonder who would be daft enough to ask for a spot.
nutters thats who!
|Posted by Badguy on February 26, 2015 at 3:05 PM||comments (0)|
Arcane spells draft 2 done, draft 1 of Primal is now done.
I think some people will really like the new, more offensive Primal outlook but there will be some who do not. Dont fear however as there is still some work to do and I plan on bringing a more balanced selection of spells into the sphere.
Keep checking the forums for updates.
|Posted by Badguy on January 25, 2013 at 8:55 AM||comments (0)|
Well we are a few adventures into the new plot line and I must say I am enjoying it LOADS!
Why is this different?
Well Im sure you have noticed that as each adventure begins the brief has not just explained what needs to be done but also what is going on. We are not making you guess the story, we are putting you right in the middle and this is what makes the difference to the players this year.
Knowing exactly whats going on means the players are making choices along side the military commanders. Each mission is given a party leader (a player) and this has shown us some amazing role play.
But what has made me really happy is how building the plot this way gives the refs more time to work on other things. Most plots require much more time building as we want the players to figure things out at a certain pace but not this time and the refs have been busy like bees working on our new big bad for the players to fight at the event mwa hahahaha
Well thats it for now, i hope to see everyone and the heroes they play at the event.
Every ref has worked hard for this one and we are all damn proud of how it shaping up.
Cya all there and good luck!
|Posted by Badguy on October 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM||comments (0)|
So the faction split has happened and its plot has finished (just about) leaving TK preparing for its latest plot line.
I know, you are likely wondering about now why thats so special? Allow me to let you in on a few details
Firstly I'm heading up the plot and as you may know its my first in 3 years i think. Secondly while I am heading the plot and setting the story I wont be the only one writing it. The ref crew is banding together and writing each adventure as a group on the ref boards each month. This means (we hope) that each adventure will be much more versitle in its aproach and play style, i guess it will have to be with all the refs pushing ideas but wait....there's more !
This is also the first plot TK will have written that is fully military based ! What this means for the players is that it will be combat heavy but this wont mean those non coms or those looking to role play more educated characters will lose out on the game. Far from it as we will be putting in plenty for those characters. As for the military characters I guess this would be the time to stand up to the mark and make your way up the ranks of the military.
My personal hopes in this years game would be to see the players planning their attacks on the big bad guys, scouting them out to discover their weaknesses and other such things along those lines. I dont know how things will turn out but the TK rules, spells, attributes are all working so well in game now (professions still being testing ofc) that I feel TK will only improve via rules additions and plot style.
I know, i mentioned rules additions and people got scared. Dont worry, my plans to add to the rules are looking to be July....2014 hehe and those should be a few new spells and a new profession or two :D.
Well TKers I hope you have enjoyed the more relaxed but intensive role play style of Mr Stone Cold & PR Ref because from here on in the whole of the ref crew is aiming to beat the holy hell out of you !!!!
Peace out TKers !
Cya at the next game
|Posted by Badguy on May 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM||comments (0)|
Ok peeps the new professions are rocking !
I'll give you the quick lowdown.....but remember the rules of my blog !
Up till now all TK professions have been very different in what they do, how they work and why people use them. However with the ever growing base of members at the club and TK's ability to evolve I have decided to build a formula for newer professions and with that a referee will be assigned to regulate them.
Firstly all new crafting professions will come with Research & Create, this will allow players to expand on the standard recipies they begin with and offer the system some colour with products they create....cause we all know how twisted you bastards can be ! So lets take a look at the new professions.
- Rune Crafting - PVE designed profession
- Alchemy - PVE & PVP designed profession
- Voodoo - Heavily PVP designed profession but does add some small advantage when used in PVE
I'm going to use Alchemy for the larger explaination but I will give a small idea of the others afterwards.
First thing to note with Alchemy is that the product gets used up and cannot be reused. Because of this Alchemists will be allowed to produce 1 more product from any crafting potion / poison skill taken from the rule book each day. An example would be mana potions, the skill allows 2 to be crafted per day or 4 if you have bought the skill twice. If you are a Hobbit or alchemist you may craft 3 per day or 6 with the skill bought twice.....if you are a hobbit who is an alchemist you can create 4 per day or 8 with the skill purchased twice.....cool huh
I will point out now that the refs are chatting over this on the ref boards atm so this may all change but.......
- Once the Alchemist skill has been taken the players gains R&C and may then choose from a list of 8, 4 recipies they can take to go with R&C.
- Each day at mark up the player may then choose to brew in any combination 3 of the known recipies they have, this will include any recipies they have designed. They get 3 TK consumable cards.
- Potions brewed last until used...or until the player loses the cards....we will not replace lost cards !
- As yet we havent decided if a player can be under the effects of more than one potion at a time.
- Achemists will brew products in 4 sets
- Medicines - Provide restoration effects
- Elixirs - Provide powerful magical effects but are time limited to 15 seconds
- Potions - Provide average magical effects and are limited to a 1 hout duration
- Venoms / Poisons - Provide negative effects to the victims.
Some ideas for alchemists are:
- Elixir of Maniacal Power, all non arch mage spells now provide mana at base cost rather than using mana for 15 seconds.
- Potion of Enhancement, gain + 2 endurance, to agility or mana regen 2 for 1 hour
Rune Crafting will work in a different way, as with alchemy Rune Crafters will gain R&C and get to choose 4 of 8 recipies. However unlike Alchemists Runes can be reused, a rune crafter may have 3 runes active at any one time but should a rune be broken (only easy to do for a rune crafter) then they can just activate another rune. So while potions cannot be used twice, runes can be reused constantly and each rune will remain active until the end of the day....or unless they are broken. The only 3 ways atm to break a rune is to either....
- be a god and roflstomp it
- be a rune crafter and choose to break your own rune
- jump into a ritual circle with a ritualist who knows what they are doing
However I'll point out that rune crafters have things a little more easy than alchemists and voodooist, this is the reason for the rune being less powerful, examples below.
- Glyph of Named Caution, this rune is designed against a named person or creature type. Once placed the named person or creature type cannot pass this rune. Some more powerful creatures may not be affected.
- Rune of Armoured Will, (Use oly on a character) this rune allows the user to resist the chosen type of magic (fire, shadow, holy etc) from their daily attributes.
- Rune of Godan Pride, this rune provides crush immunity to the user (like AC10).
Voodoo as with the others gets R&C and the player may then choose 4 of 8 recipies etc
- Voodoo works with 3 sets
- Plagues - Provides the victim with waves of suffering
- Curses - Provide a very set punishment for those who offend you
- Hex's - Alter the victim over time
- Voodoo also provides a Shrunken head that offers extra advantages in PVE based n your play style
- The Voodoo R&C comes i the form of Voodoo Dolls
Curses / Hex's / Plagues / last until removed and they can only be removed in 3 ways, see the rune crafting removal list but change rune crafter to voodooist :-) We are still deciding as with rune crafting if any voodooist can remove any curse.
Creating a curse hex etc can be done with ease but the voodooist will need something very personal from the victim or something of the victim like blood or hair.......watch out for those healers taking "samples" !
Some example of Voodoo recipies
- Plauge of Zombies, The target of this plague will find themselves hounded by zombies all day and night until the plague is removed.
- Deathly Hex, the target of this Hex will slowly become an undead (normaly a zombie). While they will retain their free will they will lose many skills they had while alive. Removing this Hex will revert the target back to normal providing they havent totally become undead.
- Shrunken Head, create your own Shrunken Head that grants you either +4 endurance, +4 Agility or +10 to your total mana with mana regen 1. However the head must be created from someone close to you either a friend or an ally. The head will retain its spirit and will often talk to you but while they can choose to aid you with knowledge gained during their life, they might be abusive as you are carrying their head around preventing the spirit from resting.
Well I hope i have offered everyone some insight into the new TK professions, should you have any questions or ideas then leave me a comment.
Peace out TKers !!!!